What is work experience?
Work experience is a fantastic opportunity for you to learn more about a specific role or service at CWPT. You’ll be exposed to new ideas, knowledge, skills, and behaviours throughout your placement to help you in making your decision to pursue a career in the NHS.
Work experience opportunities are a great way to gain experience and will look great on any future job application.
Typically, work experience lasts for 3 days and you will be mentored by an experienced member of staff in your desired department. This will give you the opportunity to shadow and dive deeper into what it is like to work within your chosen profession and understand the necessary steps to get there.
We have clinical and non-clinical placements within our Trust. To apply applicants must be aged:
- 16 or over for non-clinical placements,
- 18 or over for clinical placements.
How to apply
- Email us to express interest, please confirm if you are looking for a clinical or non-clinical work experience and a member of the team will send you an application form and Occupational Health form.
- Fill in the application form and Occupational Health form. Give as much information as you can on your application form, such as dates of availability and why you aspire to work in health care. The more details the better, as we are looking for people who stand out.
- Send your forms back to us via email. Once we have received your forms we will try to find you a placement that matches what you’re looking for.
- We will contact you when we have found a placement for you. If we cannot support what you are asking for, we may pass your information over to other local trusts in the area who might be able to help.
- Please understand that we might not always be able to accommodate your requested dates, and so we ask for some flexibility on when you would like to start. We ask for at least 8-week notice from your date of application to when you would like to start your placement.
If you have any questions or would like to register your interest please contact the Talent for Care team on email@example.com.